Using your Carico Ultra Cooker:
• Turn the browning function on, heat the stainless steel interior pot, place two tablespoons of olive oil, heat, then brown the chicken on all sides, pour off excess fats/oils
• Once brown, Cancel the browning function
• Remove the chicken and drain the fat
• Place the wire rack inside – replace chicken on the rack
• Pour one can of low sodium chicken broth (14.5 oz can is sufficient)
• Cover the lid and lock in place, place release valve in “closed position”
• Turn the pressure control to “Medium”
• Push the “poultry function”
• Push the “start function”
• Red dashing lines will circle in the read out panel, if all was done correctly
• The pressure/heat is mounting
• Then the digital read out will eventually list in the window a minute reading, possibly 8 or 10 minutes, based on weight of chicken/food.
• The minutes will count down, eventually four “----“dashes will appear indicating that the cooking time is complete and that the cooker is in its warming mode.
• Release pressure using the silicone mitt, turn the pressure release valve in the “up position”, when the release valve drops it is safe to open the cooker – or you may allow the pressure to drop on its own.
• Remove the chicken from the cooker to stop cooking
• Press the cancel button
For more information on Carico's Ultra Cooker, click here