Since 1904, chlorine has been the standard chemical used to treat and disinfect water to make tap water drinkable. So in essence, we're drinking water that has been bleached with chlorine. Yum!
A recent study finally discovered the long term effects of drinking this heavily chlorinated water.
"According to the U.S. Council Of Environmental Quality, “Cancer risk among people drinking chlorinated water is 93% higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.”
Dr. Joseph Price did an extensive study testing long term chlorine exposure in chickens. He monitored two groups one with high exposure to chlorine and one without any exposure to chlorine. The group exposed to chlorine under winter conditions, showed outward signs of poor circulation, shivering, drooped feathers, and a reduced level of activity. The group without chlorine grew faster, larger, and displayed vigorous health. So answer this, if chlorine isn't good for chickens why would we think it's good for us?
When combined with other compounds in water, chlorine forms byproducts (THMs) which trigger the production of free radicals in the body. These free radicals cause extensive cell damage and are highly carcinogenic. “Although concentrations of these carcinogens (THMs) are low, it is precisely these low levels that cancer scientists believe are responsible for the majority of human cancers in the United States“. The Environmental Defense Fund
The U.S. EPA defines chlorine as a pesticide, whose sole purpose is to kill living organisms. When we consume this, we are destroying cells and tissue in our body and ultimately killing some parts of us. Dr. Robert Carlson, a highly respected University of Minnesota researcher who’s work is sponsored by the Federal Environmental Protection Agency, sums it up by claiming , “the chlorine problem is similar to that of air pollution”, and adds that “chlorine is the greatest crippler and killer of modern times!”
The worst part is that this study found that 2/3 of our toxic exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation of steam and skin absorption while showering! Our pores are opened during warm showers resulting in greater absorption going directly into our blood stream. Does it now make sense why your skin is often dull and dry? This can also explain why high levels of chlorine have been found in the breast tissue of breast cancer patients. Breast cancer, which effects 1 of 8 women in North America, has been linked to the accumulation of chlorine compounds in breast tissue.
Unfortunately, many people have become so immune to the taste and smell of the chlorine in their water they don't even realize how much of it they're consuming. Chlorine has its benefits with initial disinfecting and is probably here to stay. However, it is clear that it poses a great threat to our health and should be removed from consumption in our homes, at the point of use, both from the water we drink and the shower we shower in. The best way to do this is through a quality home water filtration system.
For more information on Carico International's quality water filtration systems, click here
Click here to read the full article from Global Healing Center
Post a Comment